M- Safe Online Talk, Who is Creepy?
T- Ch 6 Pretest
Vocabulary Activity Ch 6- Pumpkin Patch
HW- Finish Pumpkin Patch Vocabulary Activity- Due Friday
W- How to READ, not just read.
READ Ch 6 Sec 1, when finished, complete your Pumpkin Vocabulary Ch 6
HW- Learning Target Poem- READ Ch 6 Sec 1
R- How to Make Summary Notes
HW- Complete Summary Notes CH 6 Sec 1 p168-171
F- Complete Summary Notes Ch 6 Sec 1 p172-175 (Include p173 Temple of Artemis)
HW- Complete Summary Notes Ch 6 Sec 1 p172-175 (Include p173 Temple of Artemis)
How to make summaries. READ first, then :
1. Look at one titled section at a time
2. Write the title as a heading. (You can use color if that works for you.) (For the first page, there is not title. Label it "Introduction")
3. Pick out the most important ideas.
4. Write them in your own words.
5. You need at least 2 sentences but no more than half the number of sentences you read to summarize. A good rule of thumb is at least one sentence per paragraph.
6. Always write the vocabulary and definitions in the section (They don't count as a summary sentence.)
Look at "Ch 6 Summaries Blank" below for an example.
Rise of Greece BIG IDEAS
1. Ancient Greece was centered around the Aegean Sea- all travel, trade, and life was centered there
2. Democracy was developed in Greece- One Man=One Vote
3. Greece Influenced Rome
4. Both Greece and Rome influenced the USA- culture, art, writing, architecture, philosophy, and government