- Need Help?
- Blog Posts
The focus of blogs in this class will be on whatever you choose. Here are the guidelines for your blog posts:
- You will be writing a maximum of four posts each quarter.
- A maximum of two posts each quarter will be ARGUMENTATIVE, and a maximum of two posts each quarter will be INFORMATIVE.
- Each post needs to meet the criteria identified on the blog rubric (found on Classroom).
- The goal of the blog posts is to show mastery. If you show mastery in the first quarter, you will only have to write two posts in the second quarter. You need to show mastery for ALL learning targets/standards on the rubric in order to reduce your workload to two posts.
- If you again show mastery of the learning targets/standards in the two second quarter posts, you will only have to write one post in the third quarter and none in the fourth quarter.
- Posts need to show a clear understanding of each of the learning targets. One or two five-sentence paragraphs probably won't be sufficient in most situations. Be sure you are meeting all of the criteria on the rubric with no doubt.
- If you ever struggle to come up with post ideas, you could watch and respond to TED Talks. These would work very well with argumentative posts (you could argue for or against something in one of the talks), and they could even work for informative posts where the talk is evidence to support an informational topic you are discussing.
I will have a note on the board to remind you whether it is a WRITING or THINKING week so you can know where you should be with your posts.
- Introduction to English 9 - The First Ten Days
Weeks One/Two (August 16-29)
- Blogs - Getting Started
Unit One: Week One (September 4-7)
September 10-14, 2018
September 17-21, 2018