Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Objective: Students will read their classmates' blog posts and comment on them using STRONG comments aligned to SL.9-10.1C.
Standard: SL.9-10.1C (Suggested restatement of standard to add to your learning target sheet: I can participate in a conversation by asking and responding to questions, sharing my thoughts on a topic, clarifying what someone means, and challenging the opinions of others.)
WHY? We all like to receive feedback so we know where we stand. It takes practice to give quality feedback, and it is important to be able to take feedback and make improvements. Remember that feedback is different from criticism.
1. Students should return to Feedly and continue reading the blog posts of their classmates.
2. If they find posts on which they would like to comment, they should do so using the guidelines for standard SL.9-10.1C (I want to see SOLID comments).
3. With approximately ten minutes left in the period, students should determine on what person's blog they left their best comments.
4. Students should go to Socrative and complete an exit ticket. FOR THE TEACHER QUESTION, GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE STUDENT ON WHOSE BLOG YOU LEFT YOUR BEST COMMENT AND EXPLAIN WHAT MADE IT YOUR BEST COMMENT.
5. If for any reason a student finishes with additional time left in the period, he/she should work on one of the items on the TO DO: DURING DOWN TIME list on the west wall.
HOMEWORK: Be sure to complete the exit ticket so I know where to look to see your best blog comment which meets the SL.9-10.1C criteria.