Monday, October 9, 2017
Objective: Students will read "The Scarlet Ibis" to consider how imagery can help set a scene and the mood in a story.
Standard: RL.9.4 (I can identify how the author's words impact the mood or tone of the story.)
1. We will discuss the results of the assessment students took last Friday.
2. We will review imagery and create imagery charts in Google.
3. We will discuss the relationship between imagery, setting, and mood.
4. We will preview the story (108-119).
5. Students will have any remaining time to get started reading the story.
HOMEWORK: For block day, read "The Scarlet Ibis" (108-119). While reading, add any sensory details found in the story to the imagery chart you created.