Block Day - Wednesday, October 18 / Thursday, October 19 and Friday, October 20, 2017
Objective: Students will complete the vocabulary assessment and then work together to identify motifs, identify themes, and identify evidence which contributed to the themes.
Standard: L.9.3, L.9.5, L.9.6, RL.9.2
1. Students will take the lesson four vocabulary assessment on the testing browser.
2. When finished, students should begin working on the Motifs and Themes in "The Gift of the Magi" and "The Necklace" assignment on Classroom.
3. When everyone is finished with the assessment, students will be put into pairs to work on the Motifs and Themes assignment.
4. Please be AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE when completing the assignment.
5. Please complete an exit ticket before leaving today. For the teacher question, tell me what lesson you learned from reading the two stories. The lesson could come from one or both of the stories.
HOMEWORK: If necessary, finish the Motifs and Themes assignment for Friday.