Block Day - Wednesday, November 1 / Thursday, November 2, 2017
Objective: Students will complete the vocabulary assessment and then start thinking about our first novel of the year, Monster.
Standard: L.9.3, L.9.5, L.9.6, RL.9.4
1. Students will take the lesson five vocabulary assessment on the testing browser.
2. When finished, students should go into the textbook, read page 404, and then read the poems on pages 405-407. While reading, make note of any literary devices found in the poems.
3. When everyone has finished the assessment and has had time to read 404-407, students will meet in small groups to discuss the literary devices they found in the poems. We will make a T-chart on the board to identify the literary devices and any other important information about the poems.
4. Before the end of the period, we will come to a consensus regarding what each poem is saying and whether we agree with what the poems are saying.
5. Please complete an exit ticket before leaving today. For the teacher question, tell me why a person in prison is or is not any different from the caged birds in the poems we read today.