Friday, November 3, 2017
Objective: Students will continue thinking about the novel Monster by participating in a SOLE activity.
Standard: W.9.7 (I can complete research to answer a question or solve a problem and synthesize information found about a topic.)
1. Today's SOLE question is IS THERE A BETTER OPTION THAN PRISONS FOR REHABILITATING CRIMINALS?
2. Groups will be formed, and students will begin working. [MR. BRATT - REMEMBER TO TAKE PICTURES]
3. NOTE: The person whose name appears first in the group (the group leader) is responsible for creating a copy of the SOLE Organization Sheet and sharing it with the rest of his/her groupmates.
4. Your group is responsible for finding information which will help you answer the question posed. One person at a time in your group can be a scout to see what other groups are finding and report back to your group.
5. With approximately fifteen minutes left in the period, the group leader needs to submit a copy of his/her group's findings to the 11.3.17 SOLE Presentations assignment on Classroom.
6. Students will have two minutes per group at the end of the period to share their findings.
HOMEWORK: Be ready to get started with Monster next week!